Here at Live Wired a love of live music has led us to many different concerts, from arena shows to performances at small, intimate clubs. For us, there’s nothing better than experiencing a favorite artist or band singing their songs before our very eyes while surrounded by fans who love them just as much as we do. Of course, we’ve learned a lot along the way, so we thought we’d share our findings with you!
When attending a concert:
- DO buy tickets ahead of time. This seems painfully obvious, but no one wants to be that person who waits until the last minute then finds out that the show is sold out.
- DON’T cut in line. We learned this in elementary school, right?
- DO bring a camera with you (if it’s allowed). It’s always nice to have a few pictures and maybe a video to document a great night.
- DON’T spend the entire night taking pictures; just take a couple towards the beginning of the show. You only get to actually experience the concert once, so make sure you’re taking it all in. If your face is behind the camera the whole time, you won’t feel as connected with the night, the crowd and the performer.
- DO attend shows at all different types of venues. Smaller clubs provide a unique experience where you can be close to the artist but arena shows can be equally as spectacular and epic.
- DON’T be afraid to go to a show by yourself. You may not always have a friend who likes the same band as you or can drop the money for a concert, but that doesn’t mean you should have to miss out!
- DO considering wearing earplugs. You can buy cheap ones and they’ll seriously protect your ears from damage.
- DON’T miss the opening acts. One of the best feelings is seeing an unknown band live for the first time, and just knowing that they’ll be big.
Have some more concert tips? Let us know in the comments!