- Lil Wayne gets caught in a dream
- Britney Spears promises: “The bitch is back and better than ever!”
- Keith Richards’ daughter arrested for drugs, guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the hard partying tree
- Rihanna gets naked. Not really sure where the breaking news is here.
- Charlie Sheen gets a million followers in 1 day. Somewhere, Ashton Kutcher is pissed.
- My Morning Jacket announces genesis of new album belongs to…Muppets
- Lindsay Lohan worried her pops will embarrass her on TV. Think that ship has sailed, Lilo.
- Bieber gives the finger. They grow up so fast.
- Just another twitter battle
- R.E.M. to reinvent the modern album?
Ellen starts music label, signs Greyson Chance
OK, remember last week when we made up that big lie about wunderkind Greyson Chance being signed to Interscope? Kidding! Yeah, looks like that was just one of those Internet rumors. Sahhrrry. Chance was actually signed by Ellen DeGeneres ” he’ll be the first artist on her brand new label, Eleven Eleven Records. We’re not sure if Eleven Eleven is actually an imprint of Interscope or an indie, and until we’re sure, we’re not saying a word.
Ludacris builds playground for Atlanta school kids
That Luda, bless his heart. When he’s not going door-to-door reminding people to fill out their Census forms, he’s providing for the children. This past weekend the rapper joined volunteers to help construct a playground for Venetian Hills Elementary School in Atlanta. The charity event was a collaboration between KaBoom ” a national nonprofit that provides play areas to underserved areas ”The Ludacris Foundation, United Healthcare’s Do Good. Live Well campaign and EIF’s iParticipate program. Look, we knew how low he could go, we just never knew he was such do-gooder to boot . Hats off to you, Mr. Bridges.
Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato break up
Sniff. Sad. Moving on ¦
Lady Gaga tested for Lupus
Lady Gaga revealed to the London Times this week that she underwent testing for Lupus after collapsing from exhaustion and cancelling shows in March. But when it comes to the results of those tests, she’s keeping her lips sealed. I don’t want anyone to be worried, she explains. The singer lost an aunt to the disease, which is genetic and causes the body’s immune system to attack itself. Lucky for all of us little monsters, Lady Gaga is superhuman and immortal. That’s our story and we’re sticking to it.
Liza Minnelli sings Single Ladies for SATC2
Looks like Liza Minnelli will be croaking out Beyoncé’s hit in the new Sex and the City movie. According to SATC2 promos, the 64-year-old performer tackles the number during a wedding scene. And, since Minnelli has a brand new replacement knee, maybe she’ll even attempt to do the choreography, too. That would be infinitely better than watching the chicken dance.
Key of Awesome spoof Owl City in Electronic Wuss
Ugly for Owl City, but hilarious for the rest of us. Musical parody group, Key of Awesome, delivered a sonic smackdown to the maudlin vomit that is “Fireflies” with their spoof, Electronic Wuss. Enjoy.
- Kelis and Nas are officially divorced
- Britney has more followers than Ashton
- Justin Bieber and Soulja Boy collaborate on Rich Girl
- Bono recoups after spinal surgery, Gorillaz fill in
- Chris Brown strikes back in Deuces video
- Kelis and Robyn to tour together
- Slipknot bassist Paul Gray dead at 38
- TV on the Radio scores documentary The Lottery
- Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks to appear in new Broken Bells video
You might be wondering what Jimmy Fallon is up to on a Friday night or what P Diddy thinks about when he wakes up in the morning, but you may not know that you can find the answer with just one click of the mouse. The next big social networking tool online is Twitter, and many people, including celebrities, are taking notice. If you’re not familiar with twitter, read more about how it works.
A lot of celebrities and musicians are using this utility to reach fans and demographics in a way that they have not been able to in the past. Check in with a few big names that are using twitter: Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, and Jimmy Fallon, and watch this video of Sean “P Diddy” Combs discussing Twitter on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Needless to say, everyone is using Twitter. We even use it to help keep OurStage users and followers updated. Take a look at our Twitter page and the list of people we follow. Many of them are OurStage artists, so join Twitter and follow them yourself!