VMAs packed with action
The VMAs took place this week, and there were plenty of eyebrow-raising, body-raising moments. Let’s begin with Chris Brown, who, during his performance, soared and tumbled through the air between two stages like an R&B mindfreak. Somewhere in there he lost his Rolex, but a fan kindly returned it. Then Britney dissed a kiss from Lady Gaga, dressed as her Jo Calderone alter ego. A belly rub heard round the world from Beyoncé at the end of her performance of Love On Top signaled the heir to The Throne is imminent. Almost makes you wonder if the VMA haters like Adam Levine and Justin Vernon were sorry they missed it.
Foo Fighters release Hot Buns promo video
When Foo Fighters announce a tour, they don’t just throw some dates up on a Web site. No, they dress up as ZZ Top-looking rednecks and soap up in the showers of a truck stop. We present Hot Buns for your viewing, uh, pleasure?
Money for Nothing ban lifted in Canada
Remember when the computer-animated video for Money For Nothing was considered cutting-edge? Well, Canada doesn’t. The country banned the song back in 1985 due to a lyric containing the word faggot. Fair enough. We guess the curiosity finally got to them after twenty-six years, because this week Canada announced the ban has been lifted. Hope they enjoy their trip back to the future.
Jack White and ICP team to cover Mozart
True story: There is a Mozart canon called Leck Mich Im Arsch, which translates roughly to Lick My Ass. Apparently the great composer wrote it as a bawdy party song to entertain his friends. That’s not the strange part. This is: Jack White has teamed up with Insane Clown Posse to cover the canon. Listen below, and LOL at the part where ICP calls Beethoven, Beeth Oven.
Kim Kardashian’s Jam video leaked
Sorry, that headline is gross on many levels. Enjoy this snippet of the leaky Kardashian jam below. We didn’t.
- Moves Like Jagger tops Hot 100
- Slash and wife renew vows in Ibiza
- Thomas Mars marries Sophia Coppola
- Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show kicks off October 2
- Beach Boys SMiLE sessions officially being released October 31
- Lindsay Lohan asks Chris Brown for a date on Twitter
- Justin Bieber in Ferrari fender bender
- Rihanna and Nicki Minaj release Fly video
- Justin Bieber photobombs Katy Perry and Russell Brand
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift duet on Super Bass
- T.I. released from prison
- Michael Jackson’s life in photos sure is a wild ride.
- We can see it now: “And here’s where Mommy told MTV and the world about you on national television.”
- The Strokes have one hell of a dysfunctional marriage.
- Wavves likes pot. MTV doesn’t.
- The more we think about it, Emo going Country makes perfect sense.
- Track by track of Lil Wayne’s The Carter IV.
- Just don’t take naked photos. Problem solved.
- Talk about a power couple.