Every English band ever plays closing ceremony of Olympics
OK not really, but a fair lot of them did. The 2012 London Olympics closed with a spectacular revue of British pop music. The Spice Girls slammed their bodies down and wound them all around. George Michael called out for freedom, and Brian May joined Jessie J to perform We Will Rock You. From elder statesmen like The Who to newbies like One Direction, the ceremony had something for everyone. Even this guy. Watch the Spice Girls perform below.
Gotye creates user-submitted mashup video
Are you sick of Somebody I Used to Know yet? After watching this, you will be. Gotye collected all the fan submitted videos for his hit song and created a Somebodies Voltron. It’s pretty amazing. Enjoy.
Chris Brown and Drake sued for bar brawl
Chris Brown and Drake are going to have to reach deep into their pockets to pay for the damages to Manhattan nightclub W.i.P. after they and their entourages engaged in a bottle-throwing brawl that left two dozen people injured and the club in ruins. Entertainment Enterprises, which owns W.i.P. and its sister bar, Greenhouse, has been sued by those victims and is now seeking $16 million from Brown and Drake. Next time you want to fight, guys, grab plastic bottles.
UK lottery winner wants to reunite Guns ˜N Roses
Adrian Bayford won the equivalent of $232 million playing the EuroMillions lottery on August 10. And he’s already got a plan for how to use it to benefit as many people as possible. Bayford wants to reunite the original lineup of Guns ˜N Roses, and he’s willing to fork over some serious quid to see it happen. Maybe a big payday can make Axl and Slash can bury the hatchet once and for all and take us back to Paradise City.
Killers drummer gropes Michelle Obama
Killers drummer Ronnie Vannucci once grabbed a handful of the First Lady’s derriere, he revealed this week. While the band was being introduced to the Obamas during the Fourth of July celebrations at the White House, Michelle went in for a friendly hug. But(t) due to her statuesque height and his diminutive one, Vannucci’s hands found purchase on her backside in an incident we like to Killer Booty. Read about it here.
Katy Perry moons waterpark
Speaking of butts, Katy Perry flashed both cheeks after slipping and sliding on a water slide at Raging Waters in California. We’re only showing the “before” picture, so if you want to see the full moon, you can do so here.
- Check out Rick Ross’s sexy Rolling Stone cover
- Sheryl Crow gets restraining order against stalker
- SXSW creative director dies of heart attack
- Kenny G files for divorce from wife
- Lauryn Hill mugshot released
- OneDirection covers Wonderwall
- ?uestlove releases Beastie Boys tribute mix
- Elton John’s bassist commits suicide
- Paris Hilton drinks first 40 oz. with Snoop Lion
- Marilyn Manson defaces face to thwart paparrazi
- Blue Ivy rocks Watch the Throne concert tee
- Miley Cyrus chops off hair
- R. Kelly’s Love Letter Cruise canceled
- Watch the herky jerky video for I Wish You Would
- Taylor Swift releases lyric video for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
- Brandy and Chris Brown Put It Down
Beyoncé rocks Atlantic City
Sasha Fierce is back, y’all! Beyoncé performed four shows at Revel resort in Atlantic City over the weekend as part of her Back to Business tour and Blue Ivy’s mom did not disappoint. Check out her performance of Single Ladies and End of Time below. In conclusion, hot damn.
Britney and Jason Trawick film videos for Viddy
Remember Chaotic, the reality series starring Britney Spears and her fiancé, Kevin Federline? The polar opposite of Emmy-caliber? Right. Well, it looks like Brit-Brit has learned from her mistakes. Her new video clips for Viddy are short, sweet, and to the point, revealing tender moments of her relationship with fiancé Jason Trawick. Aw. Follow this link to take a look.
- Post-baby B is still bootylicious!
- Another day, another psycho celebrity stalker on the loose…
- Poison meets Margaritaville? This duet will thrill your parents.
- Check it out! Adele’s okay!
- Flo Rida sure knows how to get around.
- Can you imagine Lady Gaga not being confident?
- Looks like the Madonna & MIA are no longer in Luv.
- Madonna’s not the only one dishing out disses.
- J.Lo and Marc Anthony reunited: how awkward was it?
- Looks like fatherhood is causing Jay-Z to sing a new (and swear-less) tune…
- David Archuleta is coming back to TV…in the Philippines?
- Mumford & Wife?
- Looks like Rihanna’s living the high life in Hawaii…
- Coachella sold out how fast?!
Beyoncé and Jay-Z welcome daughter
This week the heavens parted, the earth shook and the angels bestowed a daughter to pop power couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé. As you’ve probably heard, her name is Blue Ivy Carter and she’s destined to become the most pimped-out kid in all of hip-hopdom. Jay-Z immediately released a track entitled Glory detailing her arrival. Hear what the proud papa has to say by listening to the song here.
Boyz II Men become Menz II Men
Boyz II Men embarked on a rite of passage long overdue this week. They finally became menz, thanks to Jimmy Kimmel. It’s safe to assume that back in school they used to dream about this every day. Watch their dreams come true below.
No Doubt’s Twitter hacked to endorse Ron Paul
Kelly Clarkson may be a legitimate Ron Paul supporter, but not everyone’s a Paul-oholic. This week No Doubt, Nicole Scherzinger and Rise Against had to delete pro-Paul statements and calls for donations from their Twitter pages after their accounts were hacked. Looks like the #RonPaulRevolution is off to a clunky start.
Jason Isbell accuses Dierks Bentley of stealing
When former Drive By Truckers guitarist Jason Isbell heard Dierks Bentley’s track Home, he was moved. Not by sentimentality, but by rage. Isbell found the track to be a little too similar to his song, In A Razor Town, from his 2007 record, Sirens of the Ditch, and took to the interwebs to say so. Thus began a little twit-for-tat in which Isbell called Bentley a douchebag and Bentley accused Isbell of living in a fantasy world. Decide for yourself if Isbell’s beef is justified by listening to both tracks below.
Snoop Dogg arrested for marijuana possession
In the most un-shocking news story of the past twenty years, Snoop Dogg was arrested this week for rolling down the street, smoking endo. Now facing up to 180 days in jail if convicted of marijuana possession, the rapper is probably no longer as laaaid back as he was before.
Sinéad O’Connor asks for psychiatric help on Twitter
What would a week be without some sort of crazy antic from Sinéad O’Connor? This time the singer broke down on Twitter, asking her followers for emergency psychiatric help. Before you start worrying, O’Connor seems to be stable as of this post. But, like her marriage, that’s probably only temporary.
- Lisa Loeb pregnant with second child
- The Doors release first track in forty years
- The Shins unveil Simple Song
- At The Drive-In reunite after eleven years
- Coachella lineup announced
- K.D. Lang and partner end domestic union
- Bryan Ferry gets married
- Rihanna gets a Jeep Wrangler from Roc Nation
- Brandi and Monica hit the studio
- Katy Perry cancels People Choice Awards appearance
- Justin Bieber tries to go incognito with gold mask
- Blue Ivy’s not even a week old and she’s already making Billboard history.
- What could Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift possibly have in common?
- The land of the free…and the home of Kelly Clarkson.
- Hey, Kanye fans, stop bullying Amber Rose!
- What’s Madonna’s new album T.I.T.L.E.?
- Is President Obama a Little Monster?
- Who’s got the #1 spot this week? No surprises: Adele is still holding it down.
- Pete Wentz: Bassist-turned-hypeman?
- Blue Ivy’s first 3 days: Trending topic? Check. Being featured on a Jay-Z track? Check.
- The desert has never sounded cooler.
- Miranda Lambert can’t wait to be sexually assaulted.
- Ricky Martin is Glee-fully sexy, and he knows it!
- Looks like Nicki can add another crown to her collection.
- The People will miss Katy Perry.
- American Idol vs. The Voice: the claws are coming out!
- Refused are NOT f***ing dead.