Thom Yorke tackles all the hits
Thom Yorke isn’t exactly known for his blithe, insouciant demeanor. So seeing his herky-jerky freestyle dancing on Radiohead’s video for Lotus Flower off their new record, King of Limbs, sparked the imagination of some clever fans. Now the Internet is abuzz with Thom Yorke memes dancing to anything from Single Ladies to Welcome to the Jungle. Behold the original video and our personal favorite below.
Rufus Wainwright has daughter with Leonard Cohen’s daughter
Rufus Wainwright announced the birth of his daughter, Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen, this week on his Web site. Baby mama is no other than Lorca Cohen, daughter of the venerable Leonard Cohen. Between the Wainwright and Cohen songwriting DNA, this kid has no choice but to rebel and become an accountant.
Coke strips the hip away from Daft Punk
Coca-Cola, through some sort of deal with Satan, has convinced Daft Punk to team up with them on a limited edition run of Daft Coke. Look at it. It’s supposed to resemble the French duo’s helmets. This promotion is about as cool as your mom putting on plastic shoulder horns and telling people she’s Lady Gaga.
Hold It Against Me finally gets a video release
It’s here, and it’s queer. Britney Spear’s anticipated video for Hold It Against Me is a bizarre and befuddling montage of eyeless dancers, fighting Britneys and paint gun splatter. It’s not really edgy or sexy”and for that reason, it’s kind of perfect for the song. Watch it below and see if you agree.
Lil’ Kim puts the “dis” in discussion of Nicki Minaj
Lil’ Kim minced no words in a recent interview with Rap-Up about her rival, Nicki Minaj. I just think that people give her more credit than she actually deserves, she gripes. The rapper went on to discuss her inability to listen to Pink Friday in its entirety, and how her beautiful fans told her to put a decapitated Minaj on the cover of her new mixtape, Black Friday. Now all we need is for one of them to make a video for it featuring a dancing Thom Yorke.
Justin Bieber gets himself kilt on CSI
If you heard what sounded like the collective caterwaul of millions of teenage girls last Thursday, it was because of this:
- Lady Gaga’s Born This Way video will debut Feb 28
- Patrick Stump drops solo EP, Truant Wave
- Eminem gets 1 billion views on YouTube videos
- Katy Perry sings acoustic set of Rihanna, Willow Smith and Jay-Z
- David Archuleta gets dropped by Jive
- Kanye West’s All of The Lights video drops
- 10-year-old plays Born This Way on piano, becomes YouTube sensation
- TV On The Radio releases new single, “Will Do”
- Foo Fighters release new single, Rope
- New Smashing Pumpkins bassist is not the kid on Siamese Dream cover
- Dancing Thom Yorke has provided us with hours of entertainment so far this week
- ‘Glee’ star is scared of her alien ex-boyfriend
- Cat fight on ‘The View’!
- Jack White says no more new bands, 18 other side projects tell us otherwise
- Listen to new Foo Fighters
- Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine to be next reality show judges? Sign us up!
- Apparently the Queens of the Stone Age used to be doctors
- It’s not like rock stars are known for their grasp on historical facts
- Because this is just funny
- Oscar the Grouch shares his Oscar picks…those muppets sure are hip lately