Listening to good music that other people already know about is totally overrated nowadays. This week, OurStage’s own hipster correspondent Kristin has built us a playlist that’s more anti-mainstream than PBR and lens-less wayfarers. This playlist was developed around the supernatural hipster ability to discover great music before anyone else has the chance to hear it. By studying the hipster in its natural habitat, we can learn about how songs start to become trendy at the earliest stages, and predict what music is on the rise based on what hipsters are listening to currently. SoundTrax’s Hold Me Closer Tiny Hipster features popular music that these groovy trendsetters were listening to months ago, before it was cool (of course) and songs they’re listening to now that’s sure to catch on to mainstream popularity soon enough. As an added bonus, there are also a few tracks that were previously overlooked by conformist popular culture that hipsters have attempted desperately to keep to themselves. Sorry for spilling the beans, hipsters.
Post up in a local coffee shop on your MacBook then work on your Avant-garde screenplay while listening to these awesome tunes by Lana Del Rey, Bronze Radio Return, We Were Lovers, Imagine Dragons, and many more.
More like this:
- Just call Billy Ray Cyrus the new Michael Lohan
- Drummer of Ex-Paramore Farro brothers’ new band Novel American “steps down”. You still with us?
- First listen of Foo Fighters’ upcoming ‘Wasting Light’
- Britney Spears earns $500K for her latest commercial, er, music video
- VH1 Storytellers to feature My Morning Jacket, Death Cab for Cutie and more. Told ya they were going hipster.
- All Bieber, all the time
- Ciara asks for divine intervention, and an out from her label
- Does Thom Yorke have more releases up his fancy dancing sleeves?
- Bieber’s mouth, meet foot
- Radiohead gets cryptic on Twitter
- Mumford & Sons puke in flower pots, you can take the boys out of the country but…
- Now “Inception” is a threat even on your phone
- Strokes resentment towards Casablancas for not recording together. No kidding.
- The Fallon performance last night that people just won’t stop talking about
- GRAMMYs snub Fantasia, so Fantasia snubs the GRAMMYs
- VH1 is going hipster
- Charlie Sheen gives advice to Lindsay Lohan. Wait, seriously?
- MICK JAGGER IS ALIVE
- Really, people just won’t up about about Odd Future on Jimmy Fallon