Weird Al Yankovic, Steven Tyler and Alice Cooper ring in NYE
Lots of big names played shows on New Year’s Eve, but no stage packed more star power into a smaller square footage than this one in Maui. Watch the holiday’s oddest trifecta play Come Together below.
Justin Timberlake off the market
NOOOOOOOO!!!! That’s us quoting every woman (and a fair share of dudes, too) who heard the rumor that Justin Timberlake got engaged to Jessica Biel this week. Let’s hope he put a ring in the box this time.
Rihanna and Chris Brown spark speculation
Tweeps following Chris Brown and Rihanna picked up on some heat waves this week when Brown tweeted a cryptic Love U more than u know!” followed a minute later by a similar tweet from Rihanna that read “I’ll always love u #1LOVE.” This wouldn’t be so weird if not for the fact that Chris Brown’s mother, Joyce Hawkins, tweeted this, which Rihanna seemed to respond to a minute later with this. You can read more about the antics of these two crazy kids here.
Miley Cyrus punks Khloe Kardashian
Miley Cyrus and Kelly Osbourne got Khloe Kardashian good for an upcoming episode of Punk’d. The two invited Kardashian over for a girl’s night, where a delivery boy accidentally zips up his ¦ well, just watch the clip.
Sinead O’Connor’s marriage back on
Sinead O’Connor has continued her tradition of over-sharing. After announcing last week that her marriage was over, the singer announced this week that it was back on with a bang. Her tweet was too TMI even for us, but if you simply must know what it said, you can read it here.
Katy Perry and Russell Brand split
After only eighteen months of marriage, loveable wack-jobs Katy Perry and Russell Brand are headed to splitsville. Brand filed for divorce this week, citing irreconcilable differences. Rumor has it the split is mutual, but Brand filed the paperwork due to Perry’s very religious beliefs. R.I.P., teenage dreamers.
- Mini Cooper’s name revealed
- Peter Frampton’s guitar found thirty years after plane crash
- Taylor Swift offered role in Les Miserables movie
- Ludacris to open restaurant at Atlanta airport
- 50 Cent thinks his days are numbered
- Feist plays “November Rain,” whacks a pinata
- X Factor winner Melanie Amaro signed to Epic Records
- Check out this lamp modeled after Amy Winehouse’s beehive
- Elton John wants Justin Timberlake to play him in biopic
- Clay Aiken, Debbie Gibson to compete on Celebrity Apprentice
- Maid claims Lady Gaga bathed in blood as part of Satanic ritual
- Rihanna accused of plagiarism thrice over
Ke$ha, Ciara, Jewel, Jake Shears and more tell bullied kids, It Gets Better
This week, several artists took to their webcams to record heartfelt messages for Dan Savage’s It Gets Better project”aimed at bringing hope to bullied gay and lesbian teenagers. Ke$ha, Ciara, Jason Derülo, AJ McLean, Joel Madden and Jake Shears are just a few of the musicians who’ve posted their own messages. You can check them out here.
Hollerado go 8-bit for Americanarama video
Watch your back, OK Go. Canadian rockers Hollerado have come out with their own ambitious video choreography, and it’s pretty bitchin’. Watch them create a larger-than-life 8-bit video game with a big box, some placards and a couple well-timed sound effects.
Weezer offered $10 million to break up
How mean-spirited and pointless can people get? Head over to www.thepoint.com and see firsthand. That’s where Weezer-hater James Burns established his fundraising campaign to come up with $10 million to offer to the band in exchange for them hanging up their guitars for good. Beard writes:
Every year, Rivers Cuomo swears that he’s changed, and that their new album is the best thing that he’s done since Pinkerton, and what happens? Another pile of crap like Beverly Hills or I’m Your Daddy. This is an abusive relationship, and it needs to stop now.
Tired of Weezer, too? Throw some virtual money over to Beard. He’s already got nearly $300! Who’s your daddy now, Cuomo?
Saudi Arabia Photoshops Mariah Carey
What to do when you’re an ultra conservative country promoting a concert for a scantily clad pop singer? You Photoshop the poster, duh. In this case, Saudi Arabia officials covered Mariah Carey’s whorish shoulders with extra cat. Problem solved.
Lil’ Wayne gets solitary confinement
Most inmates get solitary confinement when they try to shank somebody. Lil’ Wayne got his for having headphones and an MP3 player charger. We’re no criminals, but seems like that would make a really ineffective shiv.
- Kenny Chesney Number 1 on Billboard
- Kanye West announces new album title
- Justin Bieber to revive Punk’d?
- Kim Zolciak debuts new single, Google Me
- Homeless man + two Kermit puppets + Under Pressure = lolz
- Levi Johnston stars in Brittani Senser’s After Love video
- Lady Gaga, Yoko Ono and more celebrate John Lennon’s 70th birthday
- Beach Boys Broadway musical?
- Kanye West hides ballerinas under blanket on SNL
- Mario arrested for assaulting his mother
- Dave Grohl files $75 million lawsuit against Scissor Sisters