Weird Al Yankovic, Steven Tyler and Alice Cooper ring in NYE
Lots of big names played shows on New Year’s Eve, but no stage packed more star power into a smaller square footage than this one in Maui. Watch the holiday’s oddest trifecta play Come Together below.
Justin Timberlake off the market
NOOOOOOOO!!!! That’s us quoting every woman (and a fair share of dudes, too) who heard the rumor that Justin Timberlake got engaged to Jessica Biel this week. Let’s hope he put a ring in the box this time.
Rihanna and Chris Brown spark speculation
Tweeps following Chris Brown and Rihanna picked up on some heat waves this week when Brown tweeted a cryptic Love U more than u know!” followed a minute later by a similar tweet from Rihanna that read “I’ll always love u #1LOVE.” This wouldn’t be so weird if not for the fact that Chris Brown’s mother, Joyce Hawkins, tweeted this, which Rihanna seemed to respond to a minute later with this. You can read more about the antics of these two crazy kids here.
Miley Cyrus punks Khloe Kardashian
Miley Cyrus and Kelly Osbourne got Khloe Kardashian good for an upcoming episode of Punk’d. The two invited Kardashian over for a girl’s night, where a delivery boy accidentally zips up his ¦ well, just watch the clip.
Sinead O’Connor’s marriage back on
Sinead O’Connor has continued her tradition of over-sharing. After announcing last week that her marriage was over, the singer announced this week that it was back on with a bang. Her tweet was too TMI even for us, but if you simply must know what it said, you can read it here.
Katy Perry and Russell Brand split
After only eighteen months of marriage, loveable wack-jobs Katy Perry and Russell Brand are headed to splitsville. Brand filed for divorce this week, citing irreconcilable differences. Rumor has it the split is mutual, but Brand filed the paperwork due to Perry’s very religious beliefs. R.I.P., teenage dreamers.
- Mini Cooper’s name revealed
- Peter Frampton’s guitar found thirty years after plane crash
- Taylor Swift offered role in Les Miserables movie
- Ludacris to open restaurant at Atlanta airport
- 50 Cent thinks his days are numbered
- Feist plays “November Rain,” whacks a pinata
- X Factor winner Melanie Amaro signed to Epic Records
- Check out this lamp modeled after Amy Winehouse’s beehive
- Elton John wants Justin Timberlake to play him in biopic
- Clay Aiken, Debbie Gibson to compete on Celebrity Apprentice
- Maid claims Lady Gaga bathed in blood as part of Satanic ritual
- Rihanna accused of plagiarism thrice over
Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg laugh in the face of the apocalypse
The world’s is supposed to end tomorrow, but no one’s said what time. Let’s hope we all get to watch at least the first half hour of the season finale of Saturday Night Live. Justin Timberlake is hosting, and Lady Gaga is performing. Talk about going out with a bang. Check out the promos below.
Pearl Jam celebrates twenty year anniversary
Hard to believe it was twenty years ago that we were all wearing flannel, combat boots, and saying things like, Mom, Eddie Vedder is in Pearl Jam not Nirvana”GAWD YOU’RE SO EMBARRASSING. To celebrate the two decades that have passed since Pearl Jam’s breakthrough record, Ten, the band is releasing a book and a documentary by Cameron Crowe and embarking on a tour. Maybe by their thirtieth anniversary we’ll have finally decoded the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter.
Cali Swag District rapper M-Bone killed in drive-by shooting
In a violent death all too similar to Tupak Skakur and Biggie Smalls, rapper M-Bone was killed outside of a liquor store this week, the victim of a drive-by shooting. The rapper was one-fourth of the hip hop group Cali Swag District, who rose to fame with their dance hit Teach Me How To Dougie. M-Bone was in his hometown of Inglewood, CA, at the time of his death. No arrests have been made. R.I.P.
Oprah knocked off her power throne by Lady Gaga
Oprah hasn’t even finished her farewell tapings, and already she’s been dethroned by Lady Gaga on Forbes‘ Most Powerful Celebrities list. Gaga earned $91 million in 2010, has 32 million Facebook fans, and 10 million Twitter followers. Oprah can console herself with the fact that she still made more than three times Lady Gaga’s income last year. Here’s a $1,000 bill”wipe those tears away and go have lunch with Gayle.
Nicki Minaj dumps Diddy as manager
After only a year together, Nicki Minaj has fired Diddy and James Cruz as her managers. The rapper is now reportedly working with Gee Roberson and Kyambo Hip Hop Joshua at Hip-Hop Since 1978, who also steer the careers of Drake and Lil Wayne. Looks like Diddy knows about making the band, just not managing it.
Rihanna and Chris Brown following each other on Twitter
This week many of Rihanna and Chris Brown’s fans were aghast to discover the two had begun following each other on Twitter. Rihanna promptly (and harshly) put her most vocal critics in their place, tweeting, [sic] its f”kin twitter not the alter! calm down. Note to self: Never criticize Rihanna.
- Ke$ha and T-Pain might be in love
- Adele’s 21 enjoys 8th non-consecutive week at Number 1 on Billboard
- Joe Jonas solo record due out Sept. 6
- Britney looking fierce on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- New Blondie album features Beirut
- Morrissey compares Queen Elizabeth to Gaddafi
- John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics sell for $237,132
- Scott Weiland reveals he was raped
- Willie Nelson’s Teapot Party endorses Republican candidate Gary Johnson
- Kings of Leon’s Caleb Followill gets married
- Oh Land joins Katy Perry’s California Dreams tour
- ACL tickets going fast
- Nick Jonas dating an older woman
- Beyoncé’s video for Girls Who Run The World