2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced
Champagne’s a flowin’ at the homes of Bon Jovi, Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, LL Cool J and Dr. John, who among others, were all nominated into the 2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this week. The induction ceremony will take place on March 14th in Cleveland, Ohio. We would like an Alice Cooper/Neil Diamond duet please ¦ to whoever is taking requests.
Joe Jonas is ridin’ solo
Following in his little bro’s footsteps, or maybe heeding the advice of Jason Derülo, Joe Jonas announced plans to record a solo all by himself. Something with a sexier, Justin Timberlake vibe, says the Middle One. Sexier than Camp Rock? Can it be done? We’ll all find out in 2011¦
Mariah Carey falls in Singapore
If you’re gonna fall, fall with class. Like Mariah Carey, who took a tumble in Singapore but smiled the whole way down. Then things got a little more diva-ish when Carey yelled for her assistant to come help her take her shoes off while the band kept playing Make It Happen. Check it out below.
Katy Perry avenges her Sesame Street snub
On SNL this past weekend, Katy Perry avenged her Sesame Street-banned bust by donning a low-cut Elmo t-shirt and bouncing around on a sofa. Those muppets must be seeing red!
MC Hammer starts beef with Jay Z
This would be funny if it weren’t so sad. Back story: On Kanye West’s song So Appalled, Jay-Z delivers a line about blowing through $30,000 like Hammer. Well, Mr. MC Hammer was none too pleased about that, and responded on Twitter by linking to a video of himself beating up a punching bag. You want my attention [Jigga] you got it. Punch, punch, punch. It’s all kind of embarrassing and feeble, but we’ll play along. Please Hammer, don’t hurt him!
- Kanye West to drop new album on 11/22
- Pete Doherty busted for cocaine possession
- Daft Punk’s Tron Legacy soundtrack drops 11/22
- MGMT drummer gets hit in head by thrown object, walks off stage
- Lady Gaga’s grandfather passes away from Parkinson’s
- Peaches brings Peaches Christ Superstar to North America
- Jimmy Eat World new album Invented released
- John Legend and the Roots cover Arcade Fire
- Kid Cudi pleads guilty to possessing a jar (!) of cocaine
- Wyclef Jean hospitalized for exhaustion
- Bruce Springsteen photo bombs couple’s engagement shoot
- M.I.A. to play free show at Brooklyn Bowl
Eminem and Jay-Z rock Yankee Stadium
Part one of Jay-Z and Eminem’s Home and Home Tour, which took place last week in Eminem’s hometown of Detroit, was a success (to put it mildly). And Part two, which took place this past Tuesday at Yankee Stadium in Jay-Z’s home turf, looks like it was just as epic, if not more so. Featuring repeat guest performances by Drake, Kanye West and Dr. Dre, the concert also featured surprise guests Swizz Beatz, Nicki Minaj and Coldplay’s Chris Martin, who joined buddy Jay-Z for a medley that included snippets of Clocks and Viva La Vida. Check out the clip below”goosebumps on the house.
Ted Leo + Paul F. Tompkins = Bottled in Cork video
Lampooning the archetypal rise and fall of a rock star, this new video from Ted Leo is a real hoot, thanks to a comically rich performance by Paul F. Tompkins, who plays the part of Leo’s would-be manager, Reginald Van Voorst. Enjoy the LOLs.
Hootie and the Blowfish to get SC monument
It seems mean-spirited to throw this in the Bad section, but we didn’t have room for it anywhere else. Honest. And even if we were griping about the expense of funding such a monstrosity (your words, not ours), it wouldn’t change the fact that Hootie and the Blowfish are getting a big monument in Columbus, South Carolina. The band formed there on the campus of USC nearly 25 years ago, and went on to sell 16 million copies of their record, Cracked Rear View. The monument will be unveiled on October 21. Put that spray can down.
Weezer autotunes the news
If you have a sour Hootie aftertaste in your mouth, cleanse your palate with this video wherein Weezer autotunes current events. Catchy and informational!
George Michael sentenced to prison
George Michael was sentenced to eight weeks in jail and a five-year suspension of his driver’s license after he drove his Range Rover into a Snappy Snaps photo store (real name) on July 4th. Somebody won’t be singing Freedom anytime soon.
- Lady Gaga, Harry Reid talk politics on Twitter
- Will.i.am rocks Sesame Street
- Jennifer Lopez to judge on American Idol for $12 mill
- University of Nevada marching band takes on Lady Gaga
- John Mayer quits Twitter
- Courtney Love covers Bad Romance
- VMA performances for your viewing pleasure
- T-Bone Burnett unveils all-star lineup for Bridge School Benefit
- New PJ Harvey album to drop in 2011