Kid in snuggie nails Beyoncé’s Countdown video
That’s one headline we never thought we’d type, but alas, it’s true. A young fan of Beyoncé took it upon himself to recreate the singer’s colorful and kinetic video for Countdown. And to make things even more interesting, he did it while wearing a snuggie. All hail the king of comfortable choreography, KKPalmer1000.
Coachella cruise to set sail in December
All hipsters aboard! Coachella is losing its land legs and heading off to the high seas with two music cruises this December. Passengers will be treated to sets by the likes of Girl Talk, Sleigh Bells, and James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem as they tour the Caribbean, sip on rum runners, and get seasick all over their Urban Outfitter threads. We’re totally there.
R. Kelly’s releases video for Feelin’ Single
R. Kelly just released the video for Feelin’ Single from his quaintly titled new album, Write Me Back. And in true Kelly fashion, things get a little wack. After spending the first two verses moping over his hard-partying girlfriend who’s out in the club, Kelly breaks into a Chicago-style song and dance number, naturally. There’s no midget, no Bridget, and no Rosie the Nosy Neighbor from his Trapped In The Closet masterpiece, but you may still crack a smile.
Pitbull sent to Alaskan hinterland
The wiseacres at Something Awful who rallied to get Pitbull sent to Alaska have prevailed. Walmart announced that the rapper will perform at its most remote store in Kodiak. Pitbull is being a good sport about the whole thing, and even offered to bring the two men behind Something Awful”David Thorpe and Jon Hendren”with him on his big trip. Check out his response below.
Madonna to be sued for swastika reference
Who would have thought that equating a political leader to a Nazi wouldn’t end well? Not Madonna. The material girl got slapped with a lawsuit after she flashed a video image of right wing French leader Marine Le Pen with a swastika overlaid across her face. Le Pen’s party, Front National, has filed a suit against Madonna for public insult. Maybe hydrangeas should do the same?
Joanna Newsome spends seven minutes in “heaven”
Don’t get us wrong, we love this video of Joanna Newsome spending time in a closet with SNL writer Mike O’Brien for his web series 7 Minutes in Heaven. We’re just a little freaked out by the duo’s evil clown impressions, the bowls of chili, and the keyboard-chicken debacle. Find out what we’re talking about by watching the video here.
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian tackle Six Flags
- Green Day to include Amy Winehouse tribute on new album
- Justin Bieber gets beat up in teaser for As Long As You Love Me
- Pete Doherty kicked out of Thai rehab
- Shirley Manson threatened by Twitter stalker
- Jack White releases Freedom at 21 video
- The Who announces “Quadrophenia” tour
- Ben Gibbard announces solo album
- Pomplamoose mashes Gotye and Carly Rae Jepsen
- Watch No Doubt’s Settle Down
- Lana Del Rey to be face of H&M
- Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange lands at No. 2 on Billboard
- Rihanna to launch fashion line
- Paris Jackson accuses uncle Randy of lying in will dispute