Michael Stipe will induct Nirvana. Makes sense. Kurt Cobain expressed his deep admiration for close friend Stipe on more than one occasion.
Bruce Springsteen will induct his E Street Band. The Boss is already in the Hall solo. No-brainer.
Tom Morello will induct KISS, because someone has to do it.
Chris Martin will consciously couple the Hall of Fame with Peter Gabriel. OK?
Glenn Frey will induct Linda Ronstadt. That’s a good one – the Eagles started out as her backing band.
Questlove will induct Hall and Oates, which is pretty cool. The Roots’ mainman and walking music encyclopedia will hopefully shine a nice light on the often overlooked rock and soul duo.
Peter Asher, of ’60s duo Peter and Gordon, as well as a noted producer (of James Taylor, among others), will induct Beatles manager Brian Epstein and Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham.
Salman Rushdie will induct Cat Stevens. No, I’m kidding, no word yet on who has that honor.
The ceremony will take place on April 10th and will be aired on HBO on May 31st. (h/t CoS)
- Just another reason to watch the Super Bowl.
- Bon Iver’s new video plays out like an interstellar Easter egg hunt.
- Prince and Gatsby? Sign us up.
- Thankfully, Goulding won’t be making an album with From First To Last.
- Nobody can accuse Tom Morello of being partisan.
- Passion Pit hit the (real) big time.
In possibly the most pleasant exchange that has ever resulted from TMZ accosting a celebrity on the street, former Rage Against The Machine bassist Tim Commerford has shyly hinted at a possible new album from the funk metal pioneers. When asked if the defunct group were working on a new album, Commerford quietly answered, “Maybe¦maybe.” Since the band’s breakup twelve years ago, vocalist Zack de la Rocha has worked on a string of collaborations with various artists, while the remaining three Rage members “ Commerford, guitarist Tom Morello, and drummer Brad Wilk “ formed Audioslave with Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell. Though Rage have performed several festival dates since their official breakup, there has been no substantial news about a new album yet. The vague TMZ interview with Commerford provides the most information that fans will get about a new album thus far. That, and his apparent appreciation for Gucci Mane’s facial tattoos and his penchant for “removing teeth” as a fashion statement.
More like this:
- Is Chris Brown being Unfaithful with Rihanna?
- The GRAMMYs will have a pretty Cool host.
- Blur’s Alex James is getting grilled.
- Bruce’s new album is full of Rage.
- Adam Levine is on Obama’s wish list.
- Fan girls and frat boys rejoice: John Mayer is back.
- We think it’s safe to say that Brian Williams is NOT a fan of Lana Del Ray…
- Last Rebecca Black meme, we swear.
- Limewire has to pay up.
- You had us at “raps from a wheelchair with spinners on its wheels.”
- With a motto like “Kill People, Burn Shit, F–k School,” what do you expect?
- Oh, yes they will.
- We’d let Michael Bolton punch us in the face.
- Now Diplo, if you don’t have anything nice to say…
- Is it weird that we’re not surprised by this headline? “Lady Gaga walks into American Idol with penis-heeled shoes.”
- Danger Mouse, you’ve done it again!
- Tom Morello: still raging.
It’s not too late people”there’s still time to enter your song in Guitar Center’s Your Next Record with Travis Barker Competition on OurStage! One Grand Prize winner will join the ranks of the many killer artists that Barker has lent his talents to over the years including Tom Morello, Raekwon, RZA, Slash and Game. How might you ask? The best way he knows how: by rocking out on the drums of course. The Grand Prize winner will receive the ultimate rock star prize package including a trip to Los Angeles to record a 3-song EP with Barker at the Red Bull Studios and a $10,000 shopping spree at Guitar Center. Barker will play drums on one single from the EP, which will be distributed worldwide by TuneCore. It’s pretty much your one-way ticket to rock super-stardom, so enter your best track by April 30, 2011 for your chance to win!
Fans can also join in on the rock ‘n’ roll party by judging in Guitar Center’s Your Next Record with Travis Barker Sweepstakes. Judge in the competition by May 15, 2011 and you could win an OCDP snare drum autographed by Travis Barker himself! Help the best artists get their big break, and you could walk away with a priceless piece of rock history. Everyone goes home happy. Cruise through the playlist below to check out some of the hottest artists in the competition.