The Rock on the Range festival has just announced the lineup for its seventh year in Columbus, Ohio, and it’s a stunner. ’90s heroes Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and Smashing Pumpkins will be headlining along with Korn, reunited with their former guitarist Head. And that’s just to name a few. Check out the full lineup here. Pre-sale tickets will be available from January 30 at 10 a.m. EST for $89.50, and general tickets go on sale February 1 at 10 a.m. The festival takes place May 17-19 at the Columbus Crew Stadium.
More like this:
- Josh Homme suing former bandmates for using the name Kyuss in Kyuss Lives!
- Billy Corgan wants to be a judge on a reality TV show?
- Another Kanye project almost completed
- Lady Gaga rakes in some serious dough each year via Twitter
- The Temptations latest to file a class action lawsuit against Universal
- Rihanna justifies recent collaboration with Chris Brown?
- Sean Parker predicts Spotify to eclipse iTunes in two years
There were dozens of amazing shows rocking our world in 2011. With the year coming to a close, we can’t help but look ahead to 2012 and start getting excited about another whole year of new music and epic shows. Here’s some picks of the biggest acts to tour next year, and what to look forward to:
Coldplay: With the release of the highly-anticipated Mylo Xyloto album hot on their heels, Coldplay are set to tour the US throughout 2012. It’s been a while since they’ve played here, too: Their last performance in the US was in August of 2009. Many of their shows at arenas have already sold out. Get on it so you aren’t left out!
Smashing Pumpkins: In anticipation of the release of Oceania along with the remastered reissue of the band’s entire catalog, Billy Corgan is ready to hit the road with the reunited Pumpkins early next year.
Pearl Jam: The summer will see the Seattle grunge rockers showcasing their new material from coast to coast. With renewed energy and a legion of die-hard fans dying to see them (get those tickets quick!), the vibe at these shows is bound to be fantastic.
It’s an exciting week for OurStage artist Those Mockingbirds, who are debuting their new EP! The five-piece rock band from Montclair, NJ put out their first EP in 2010, and are releasing Fa Sol La tomorrow, September 13th. You might know the band for their cover of Fleetwood Mac‘s “The Chain”, which was featured in our Editor Picks back in April. But now, we’re excited to share our thoughts with you on their new music and what we’ve learned about it from the band!
Fa Sol La starts off and ends with two fairly short instrumental tracks that Rob (bass, vocals) told us “seemed like such perfect bookends to the album”. Their guitarist, Jon, played a big part in coming up with “Mountain Slang I” and “Mountain Slang II”, which really do nicely wrap the whole album and make it a cohesive work.
- Has Coldplay always been this colorful?
- RIP Jani Lane.
- They should call themselves the Red Hot-and-Cold Chili Peppers.
- This is a level of scary we just weren’t prepared for.
- We are totally psyched for Final Destination 5. There. We said it.
- Birdman calls Jay-Z an old man. Kidding. But not really.
- We’re kind of pissed that grumpy EditoriaList put the Rolling Stones on his list of acts to hang it up, but not the returning Smashing Pumpkins.